Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Search for Meaning...

Last night John suggested that I start writing again.

My darling husband. He listens patiently as I pour my heart out to him. He listens as I tell him (over and over again) that I want more out of life.

My Soul Mate. He knows I feel called to do more and be more in this life. He knows I have a purpose not yet completely uncovered. He knows I want to reach higher levels of spiritual awareness. He knows of my search for meaning. He knows that I have had a life long calling to help people.
 
Ever since I have been a little girl, I have felt called to "help people".
 
Recently, in my adult life, that calling has been growing. The specifics are fuzzy, but this much I know... God has a higher purpose for me.
 
I believe He is calling me to be a teacher for a great number of people. 
 
This is where it gets very humbling. I believe God is calling me to teach people that there is another way to live. I believe God is calling me to teach people that they don't have to live in bondage. They don't have to live in a self-made prison. There is another way.
 
There are many people who feel stuck in their life. They feel stuck in their job. They feel stuck in their marriage. They feel stuck in their circumstances. Suffocated by the reality of their life.
 
Desperately seeking, desperately searching... for meaning in their life.
 
Some have learned to numb the pain. The pain that comes from not living an authentic life. They go on about their business. They go to work. They come home. They go through the motions.
 
They do what they are "supposed" to do. 
 
And they numb the pain.
 
Every day they go through the motions of their life... and somewhere deep in their souls they yearn for more. They yearn to live their purpose. Their passion.
 
God has created each one of us with unique gifts.
 
And He calls us to passionately live a life of purpose, sharing our gift to benefit others.
 
My calling is to teach people how to create their purpose-driven life. To teach people how to mold their lives, much like how a potter molds his clay.
 
I feel called to teach people how to live in the moment. To teach people how to live in peace and love. To teach people how to live an abundant life as is their birth right. Abundance is not found by seeking more things. Abundance already exists in all things.
 
Abundance is experienced by being grateful
Abundance is experienced by being
Abundance is experienced
Abundance is
LOVE
 
My calling is to love.
 
This is a calling I feel humbled to accept. There are many lessons still for me to learn, personally, in my own life. How can I teach others what I do not yet know?
 
My heart, my soul, and my spirit are overflowing with these lessons.
 
John knows this. He believes in me. He sees in me what I have not yet seen in myself. He has faith in me when I do not yet have faith in myself. He supports me in every way and loves me unconditionally.
 
He suggested I start writing again.

And so I am.

Sharing my heart.

Exposing my soul.
 
Inviting you to follow me on a search for meaning...

No comments:

Post a Comment